BIG FISH CONTEST RULES
1) Entrant must be a member of Southwest Michigan Steelheaders or immediate family.
2) Fish must be caught out of the Port of St. Joseph in Lake Michigan (boat or pier) or in St. Joseph River up to the dam in Niles or in the Paw Paw River up to the former location of the dam in Watervliet or in the Dowagiac River up to the dam.
3) Entrant dues must be paid up prior to entering qualifying fish.
4) Fish must be weighed in at Southwest Michigan Steelheaders weigh-in locations (Tackle Haven or Broadlow’s Fishin Hole).
5) Fish caught by Licensed Charter Captains must be entered in the Charter Division regardless of boat he/she was aboard.
6) Any fish caught on a boat Captained by a licensed Charter Captain must be entered in the Charter Division. Exception: kids division entrants.
7) Kids division ages 16 and under.
8) Captains (Charter or Non-Charter) may enter fish caught by non-member clients aboard their vessel. Entry must be in the Captain’s name.
9) Contest runs from December 1 through November 30 at midnight.
10) The Big Fish Combo category will be awarded to the individual with the heaviest combined weight of three different qualifying fish species. Those fish species are: Steelhead, Brown Trout, Lake Trout, King Salmon, Coho Salmon, Walleye, and Perch. There will be 3 winners of the Combo category 1—Pro, 1—Amateur, and 1—Kids division.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD BIG FISH CONTEST ENTRY FORM